Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Organizational Skills and Time Management

Perhaps the most valuable lesson which I ever learned in school was to keep track of books, crayons, etc. In my personal as well as my professional life, that talent has translated itself into organizational skills and time management opportunities.

Another learning point I remember realizing in 5th grade was that there are favorites in every class; the favorites are the ones that generally get off easier than others. Isn't that true in work life as well? I think the earlier a child instinctively learns this, the better he or she will fare in life.

I actually had a teacher with a philosophy: Some get it sooner, some get it later, and some don't get it.

Alan Guinn, Managing Director/CEO
The Guinn Consultancy Group, Inc.
http://www.theguinnconsultancygroup.com/

No comments: