Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Title is "Mister"...until familiarity is earned

Ever have a teacher that told you to call him "Mr" even though your brain said to call him by his first name? Here's a story that will help put the respect back into the title and remind us all to use these titles unless given permission to do otherwise.

********
Respect for teachers that gave respect and made the class interested in their subject. This happened to be science in both cases. My hobby outside of school was paid for by my paper delivery and fruit delivery both on bike and foot. I came across the Radio Ham shop and bought the parts, tools and circuit diagram for the crystal radio sets. I connected one end of the circuit across a 5V battery and the earth to the water pipe, next placed the headphones across the other end. This allowed me to hear stations from all over the world. Then I asked my science teacher about transistors and he lent me the Mullard Red Book on Transistor Circuits which I built over the next three years. The last science teacher was the first Indian teacher to teach in Edinburgh, Scotland and his test was if you could jump onto the 3foot high science table. You could then call him by his first name. Until then it was mister.. He managed to get everybody to pass their science exam.

Regards,

Eric Sutherland
T/A Trog Associates Ltd
View Storefront
View 20% of each book
Business Networking on ecademy Marketplace
Author and Publisher Services
Q & A on my Blog
Skype Id: eric.sutherland1

No comments: