Monday, September 29, 2008

Tests to Toilet Cleaning, Do it with Integrity

Recently, several people were asked what positive life lessons they learned in school that have gone on to serve them in life and help them be successful in their careers. Here is one response:

"I attended a private school in Danbury, CT that was a self-help school. We had not janitors. We, the students were given chores to clean the school at different time throughout the day. I learned how to mop a floor and clean a toilet! Very useful!

More than that however, was the school's honor code. After every test, we were required to write on the back of our papers 'On my honor I pledge that I have not give nor received any information on the test.' and then were were to sign it. What this taught me was integrity in my work whether that was mopping a floor so that it shined or being rigorously honest about my answers on a pop quiz. Today, I have brought that integrity to my own business and I can tell that my clients truly respect that. This honesty has helped me to run a successful business and for that I am very grateful."

-Peter Pamela Rose
Master Life/Career Coach,
Chiropractor for the Mind

No comments: